Codigo 1530 XII Years Aged Extra Anejo Tequila
Codigo 1530 XII Years Aged Extra Anejo Tequila, is a twelve year aged tequila that comes with Codigo tasting glasses.
With only 100 bottles ever produced, Codigo 1530 XII Extra Anejo Tequila is one of the oldest extra anejo tequilas available and reserved for the ultimate connoisseurs. A private recipe refined over many generations by an artisan distilling family in Amatitan. Hand selected fully matured agave, aged for 12 years in the world’s finest French White Oak Cabernet barrels. This extra anejo is made from 100% Blue Weber agave and contains no added sugars, flavors, colors and chemicals.
Award-Winning Cabernet Wine Barrels
- Aged using French White Oak wine barrels vs. commonly used American Oak whiskey / bourbon barrels
- Single, Dedicated Distillery
- 1 NOM. 1 Brand. Bottled at Origin.
- Only 0.7% of brands are solely produced at their own distillery
- Our XII Extra Añejo is a private recipe refined over many generations by an artisan distilling family in Amatitán.
- Aged for 12 years in the finest Cabernet French White Oak barrels.
- 100 bottles made
Código 1530 proudly bears the Jerusalem Cross as the symbol of its heritage story. This iconic cross sits atop the Jalisco Coat of Arms and dates back to 1530 when after colonial struggle, Amatitán was officially recognized as a city of New Galicia and Jalisco was given a coat of arms by the Spanish monarchy, which was anchored by the Jerusalem Cross. Código 1530’s name honors “Los Códigos,” the old world codes and customs that shaped and still live on in Amatitán and the Los Bajos region to this day. These values are at the core of the proud families who served this tequila in their homes, and the artisan distilling family who has been the custodian of this private tequila for generations. We pride ourselves in striving to make Código 1530 the most selective tequila in the world, using only perfect inputs and age old secret family processes.