Château Troplong Mondot 1995
Château Troplong Mondot 1995. The property on which Troplong Mondot’s vineyard is planted has existed since the 18th century. When Abbot Raymond de Sèze, from a prestigious Bordeaux family, built the current château, Mondot was already considered to be among Saint Emilion’s finest wines. Raymond Troplong, who subsequently became President of the Senate, added to the vineyard in 1850 and, since then, its size has remained unchanged. His nephew, Edouard Troplong, added his name to Mondot before selling it to the Valette family.The 30-hectare vineyard consists mainly of old vines (with an average age of 35 years, although some are as old as 90), and benefits from a perfect orientation and natural drainage, since it is located at the highest point in Saint Emilion. In 2006, as part of the ten-yearly revision of the Saint-Emilion classification, Troplong Mondot was promoted to a Premier Grand Classé B.