Laphroaig 18 Year Old 2001 Signatory Vintage CSC

59.3% | 70cl

RM 3,599

Out Of Stock

Subscribe waiting list below to be notified when this product is available.

2 users joined the Waitlist for this item


Pay with 0% Instalment Plans

+ Safe Shipping & Handling?
See More From:

Tasting Notes:

  • Appearance: Greenish gold.
  • Nose: Clean, complex. This peat becomes more oily and medicinal, salty and even hot. Gradually, the gamy character takes over. At the same time, the aromatic palette is undeniably jaunty, spring-like, and bright.
  • Palate: Powerful, lively. On the attack, blocks of chocolatey peat roll across the palate. Mid-palate is a subtle mixture of herbaceous, fruity, and vanilla sequences. A subtle liqueur of acacia honey and roasted pineapple unctuously floods the entire palette of flavors.
  • Overall: Long, generous. In archetypal Laphroaig style, the start of the finish is peaty/chocolatey, fruity, iodine and phenolic. Rooted in its terroir, in a mineral-rich soil. A handful of dried fruits and citrus fruits dominate the very dynamic end of the palate.

Ask Our Experts
 WhatsApp Chat

Ask Our Experts
 WhatsApp Chat


Laphroaig 18 Year Old 2001 Signatory Vintage CSC

Laphroaig 18 Year Old 2001 Signatory Vintage CSC (Cask Strength Collection), 20% of the barley used by the distillery is still malted and dried on-site at up to 40-60 ppm phenols. The remaining 80% comes from the Port Ellen maltings, at 35-45 ppm phenols. Full of inspiration, in just a fraction of a second, this bottling takes us to Laphroaig to breathe in the particularly invigorating salty sea air. Next, acting as a link between the peat and the other ingredients of the aroma and flavor palette, incredibly smooth dark chocolate brings us irresistibly towards the malting floors filled with the utterly divine fragrances of germinating barley.

The complex initial nose is characterized by notes of rubber, smoke, and sooty peat. Allowed to breathe, it becomes more oily, salty, and medicinal (band-aid). The powerful attack pours blocks of chocolatey peat onto the palate. The mid-palate alternates between herbaceous (hay), fruity (pear), and vanilla sequences. An archetypal Laphroaig, the start of the finish is peaty/chocolatey, phenolic (hydrocarbon), and salty. Citrus fruits (lemon, grapefruit) bring lots of energy to the very end of the palate.

Additional information
Alcohol %