This cocktail is made by Gene Sulit of the Arizona Biltmore Hotel combined Tequila, soda water, lime juice, and liqueur to create the first ‘Tequila Sunrise’ in the 1930s.
Bobby Lozoff and Billy Rice the bartenders at the Trident remake the Tequila Sunrise cocktail by using Tequila, orange juice, and grenadine.
The Trident was the site of a private party organized by famous San Franciscan Bill Graham, where one of rock’s greatest bands, The Rolling Stones, was kicking off their 1972 tour of America.
Mick Jagger, the lead singer of The Rolling Stones ordered this cocktail for his bandmates and himself.
This cooktail become the Stones go-to drink while on tour and they spreading this cocktail nationwide as they ordered this cocktail in every town they came across.
In 1973, the Eagles, another great rock band out of California, named one of their songs ‘Tequila Sunrise’ on their Desperado album.
Tequila Sunrise steps:
- Pour 2 oz / 60ml of tequila into the shaker.
- Pour 4 oz / 120ml of orange juice into the shaker.
- Put some ice cube into the shaker and shake 8 to 10 seconds.
- Pour 0.25 oz / 7 ml of Grenadine into a glass.
- Add some ice cube into the glass.
- Strain the cocktail from the shaker and pour it in the glass.
- Stir it slowly.