The Glenfiddich 18 Year Old Gift Pack Limited Edition Design 2023 is specially made to welcome the new cycle in the Chinese Lunar Calendar. Glenfiddich has collaborated with Shenzhen-based artist Rion Wang to create a special edition festive pack that is perfect as a gift for the upcoming festive season.
This design can be seen on Glenfiddich’s core range single malts, perfectly portraying the mystique of its royal stag icon and chronicles of the founder’s epic journey from more than a century ago.
History and origin
The Glenfiddich was established in 1886 by William Grant in Dufftown, Scotland, and it is one of few distilleries to remain entirely family-owned these days. He built the distillery by hand with the help of his nine children and named the distillery ‘Glenfiddich’.
It was one of the first brands marketed as a single malt. Today, they are the world’s best-selling and the most award-winning single malt scotch whisky, sold in nearly 180 countries.
Why is Glenfiddich 18 special?
There are several reasons why Glenfiddich 18 expression is special. Its remarkable consistency and character resulting from an intense marriage period, and a soothing exceptional finish set it apart from other single malt whiskeys.
Glenfiddich 18 year old scotch whisky has a rich, intriguingly fruity, and robust oak character from being matured for 18 years in a mix of Spanish Olorosso sherry and bourbon casks. Besides, every batch of whisky is individually numbered and carefully watched over.
This single malt is created not only with eighteen years of care and attention but from decades of whisky-making experience and knowledge passed down through the generations.
This 18 year old expression comes in an attractive, beautiful dark gold colour, with an intense aroma of ripe orchard fruit, baked-apple, and robust oak. On the palate, sumptuous dried fruit, candy peel, and dates combine with elegant oak notes and finally a warm, rewarding, and distinctive finish.
How do you drink Glenfiddich 18 year old
Glenfiddich 18 year old single malt is the ideal drink for special occasions. It is best enjoyed neat, on the rocks, with some water, or with club soda to expand the flavor.
How you drink your whisky is all up to personal preferences, but pairing food with the correct whisky will be rewarding to your taste buds.
Here is the food pairing suggested by Matthew Fergusson-Stewart, the Glenfiddich Regional Brand Ambassador of Southeast Asia:
Dessert. Strawberry tart and vanilla ice cream. The sourness of the strawberries complements the sweetness of the whisky, and the cooked apple note of the whisky goes well with the strawberries. The delicate notes of cinnamon spice are perfect with vanilla ice cream and the buttery pastry of the tart.
This remarkable single malt scotch whisky has won numerous awards in the world’s most prestigious competitions. The awards include:
- Gold Outstanding Scotch Single Malt – Speyside – 2014 | International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Master Speyside Single Malts 13-18yo – 2014 | The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Gold Distillers’ Single Malts between 13 and 20 years old – 2019 | International Spirits Challenge
- Gold Scotch Single Malt – Speyside – 2019 | International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Gold Speyside Single Malts 13-18yo – 2019 | The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Gold Scotch Single Malt – Speyside – 2017 | International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Gold Speyside Single Malts 13-18yo – 2015 | The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Gold Distillers’ Single Malts between 13 and 20 years old – 2014 | International Spirits Challenge
- Gold Speyside Single Malts 13-18yo – 2013 | The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Silver Speyside Single Malts 13-18yo – 2018 | The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Silver Speyside Single Malts 13-18yo – 2013 | The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Silver Outstanding Scotch Single Malt – Speyside – 2013 | International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Silver Single Malt Scotch – 13 to 19 Yrs – 2013 | San Francisco World Spirits Competition
Beautifully balanced whisky, ideal for occasions
Glenfiddich 18 year old is an impressively balanced whisky where the sherry influence dominates without overpowering the flavors imparted by the bourbon casks. The perfect drink for the festive Chinese New Year mood. Buy this vibrant and beautiful limited edition packaging at a low price and give it as a CNY gift!
For more gift ideas or personal buys, check out other Glenfiddich limited edition gift packs: Glenfiddich 12 year old Gift Pack, Glenfiddich 15 year old Gift Pack, and Glenfiddich 21 Year Old Gift Pack.